ShoWorks Help Articles
How to export data to QuickBooksArticleID: 117029
Category: File Maintenance
Date Added: 8/13/2006
Date Last Updated: 12/23/2011
ShoWorks can export all transactions to a standard QuickBooks importing file (.iif). You can then import this file directly into your QuickBooks company file.
- Gladstone does not assume any responsibility for the accuracy of any data outside of ShoWorks.
- Once you export data to QuickBooks, there is no intervention or communication between QuickBooks and ShoWorks (updates to data in one program will not update the other). Therefore you should only export your ShoWorks data once - at the end of your fair.
- Before exporting, you must let ShoWorks write all checks (this does not mean "printing" them, but rather letting ShoWorks create the records for the checks). To do this in ShoWorks, select Tools>>Write Checks.
- Go to the Checks or Bills menu and make sure the "To Print" box is checked for all checks and/or bills that you wish to export.
- Run ShoWorks and select File or Office Button then Export, then Export Data to QuickBooks. ShoWorks will generate a text file called "ShoWorks QuickBooks.iif".
- Make a backup copy of your QuickBooks file.
- Create a new 'blank' QuickBooks file that you can temporarily work with to see how items are imported.
- In QuickBooks, select File>>Utilities>>Import>>QuickBooks.iif File.
- Locate the "ShoWorks QuickBooks.iif" file that ShoWorks generated (it is usually in the C:\Program Files\ShoWorks 20xx\System folder).
- Click "Import". The import process may take several minutes.
- You may want to turn on Class tracking for a more thorough reporting option. QuickBooks terms what ShoWorks calls "Divisions" as QuickBooks's "Classes". Turn on Class tracking in QuickBooks by selecting Edit>>Preferences, then "Accounting", then click the "Company Preferences" tab. Place a check in the "Use class tracking" box (do not check the "Prompt to assign classes" box.
Question not answered in this article?
Click to Contact GladStone support for more information.