ShoWorks Help Articles
How to remove and re-install ShoWorksArticleID: 115003
Date Added: 1/28/1999
Date Last Updated: 12/12/2011
You may need to reinstall ShoWorks for reasons such as installing Microsoft Access to use the ShoWorks Companion. In this case, you should follow detailed steps to remove ShoWorks completely.
Steps (you must backup both your data file AND your custom reports/queries):
- Backup your data file by following the steps in the article: How to back-up your data file
- Backup your custom reports by following the steps in this article: How to backup reports or changing computers and sharing reports on multiple computers
- Uninstall ShoWorks by double-clicking on the file: C:\Program Files\ShoWorks 2012\UNWISE.EXE (choose "automatic" and follow the onscreen instructions)
- Open "My Computer" and navigate in the window to the folder C:\Program Files\ShoWorks 2012
- Delete this folder and all subfolders in this directory by highlighting the folder "ShoWorks 2012" and pressing the delete key on your keyboard.
- Click Start>>Run
- In the box, type "regedit" and click "OK"
- Navigate to the Folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Gladstone Inc.
- Delete the folder "ShoWorks 2012" by highlighting it and pressing the delete key on your keyboard.
- ShoWorks has now been removed completely.
Question not answered in this article?
Click to Contact GladStone support for more information.