ShoWorks Help Articles
Printer icon, menubar or ribbon bar does not appear on reportsArticleID: 113030
Date Added: 3/3/2011
Date Last Updated: 12/23/2011
Printer icon, menubar or ribbon bar does not appear on reports.
If the report was created using the ShoWorks Access Companion (Microsoft Access), you must also assign a ribbon bar to the report.
Open the report in design view (using either the ShoWorks Access Companion or Microsoft Access), and assign a value "ribReports" to the Ribbon property of the report.
- Exit ShoWorks and start the ShoWorks Access Companion using the icon under Start > Programs > ShoWorks > ShoWorks Access Companion. Note: This icon is installed only if a licensed copy of Microsoft Access was found when you installed ShoWorks. If you do not have this icon but are certain that you have the correct version of Microsoft Access installed, then you must reinstall ShoWorks which will install the Companion.
- After Agreeing to the opening statement of the ShoWorks Access Companion, highlight the custom report that you need to add the ribbon bar to, and click "Edit w/Access".
- In the top ribbon bar, select Design > Property Sheet. Clicking this will show (if not already) the Properties window for the active report.
- In the Property Sheet window, click the tab labeled "Other".
- Remove any values in the property "Toolbar" and "Menubar" by clicking in these
properties and backspacing until they are clear.
- In the property "Ribbon Name" select the value "ribReports".
- Close and save the changes to the report.
- Repeat this process for all imported custom reports.
Question not answered in this article?
Click to Contact GladStone support for more information.