ShoWorks Help Articles
How to generate random numbers for entries in ShoWorksArticleID: 110232
Date Added: 7/15/2008
A workaround is to export your entries into Microsoft Excel and use Excel's random number feature, then update your ShoWorks records based on this Excel spreadsheet. Note: Microsoft Excel is required.
- Under the "I want to..." choose "Use spreadsheets", then "Create a spreadsheet..."
- Follow the steps in the wizard. In Column "A" choose Entry Number, and in Column "B" choose "Sale Order".
- Click Next, then Finish. This will generate an Excel spreadsheet with all of your entries.
- In the spreadsheet, click on cell "B2".
- Type in the following formula in B2:
- Press the Enter key and you should see a random number generated. You can now copy this cell and paste down through all of the rows in the spreadsheet.
- Save the spreadsheet AND MAKE SURE TO EXIT EXCEL
- In ShoWorks, under the "I want to..." choose "Use spreadsheets", then "Create a spreadsheet..."
- Follow the steps in the wizard, keeping the default
. Let the first column remain "Entry Number" but for the second column, specify "Sale Order".
- Click "Finish" and locate the saved spreadsheet in step 7.
- You will now notice that the field "Sale Order" has a random number that you can sort reports by.
Question not answered in this article?
Click to Contact GladStone support for more information.